TornadoChat
You are currently not logged in, please log in to post messages in the forum or chat in the chat room...

If you have not registered yet, give it a try, we hope you enjoy your experience here....

Please abide by the guidelines in the announcement ticker across the top of the website...

Thank you,

TornadoChat

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

TornadoChat
You are currently not logged in, please log in to post messages in the forum or chat in the chat room...

If you have not registered yet, give it a try, we hope you enjoy your experience here....

Please abide by the guidelines in the announcement ticker across the top of the website...

Thank you,

TornadoChat
TornadoChat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TornadoChat

TornadoChat is a place for severe weather chasers, enthusiasts, spotters, or casual weather watchers to chat and discuss current, past, or future weather related events.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Introduce Yourself!

+3
AndyG
SamKennedy
JennyP
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Introduce Yourself! Empty Introduce Yourself! Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:46 am

JennyP

JennyP

I thought since this is a relatively new forum it might be a good idea to start a little introductory thread!

I'm from Ringgold, GA, and a REALLY new chaser. My most memorable event so far is 10/26/2010 where I picked the wrong storm and every other person on earth got photos of the tornado I missed! hahah There aren't too many things more painful then seeing people on Facebook who could care less about weather saying "Dude! I just saw a tornado!" But I can't complain, I saw amazing storm structure, my first mammatus that ever showed up in a photo, and it was great experience. I'm pretty much a weekend warrior as far as chasing goes since my job doesn't allow me to really take time off for chasing. I do plan to do at least one long distance chase this year, so I'm dying for spring to get here!

Other than that, I'm in grad school right now getting my Master's degree in Pharmaceutical Laws and Regulations (or as I like to call it FDA stuff). That, work, and weather pretty much takes up all my time.. pirat afro

http://jcpalmer1976.blogspot.com/

2Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:38 am

SamKennedy

Hi everyone!
I've been interested in severe weather on and off for a couple of years. My other interests include road cycling/racing, guitar (acoustic, punk rock and thrash metal), photography (started from my interest in severe wx) and chess (I'm really really bad).

I live in Newcastle in the UK (I'm NOT from Scotland!), that means that the most exciting event of the year is a single cell thunderstorm that might or might not happen.

I'm currently struggling through my A-Levels, after performing terribly last year, I am doing the equivalent of 2 years at once Sad

My goals for 2011 are:
-Become a better racer
-Cycle 10 miles in 24 minutes or less
-Cycle 104 miles in less than 5 hours 40 minutes (I probably wont achieve this goal, but it's something to aim for!)
-Become a better chess player
-Pass my exams
-Help forecast/nowcast (Andy, if you need another forecaster/nowcaster, please let me know!)

That's enough about me, looks like a there are a lot of new people here that I haven't met yet!

Make your voice be heard! Reply to this thread Smile

3Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:34 pm

JennyP

JennyP

Nice to meet you, Sam! Very Happy

I took a trip to London last summer for vacation! I loved the UK countryside, which we got to see when we traveled out to Bath and Stonehenge...

I hope to hear from others in here soon! Very Happy

http://jcpalmer1976.blogspot.com/

4Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:09 pm

AndyG

AndyG
Admin

Name: Andy Gabrielson
Game: Storm Chasin' dawg
Livin: Oklahoma City
Videos: www.youtube.com/findthetornado

2011 will be my ninth season of chasing, saw my first tornado in 1993 from my farm, witnessed a few others also from there growing up thats what sparked my interest. I have seen over 100 tornadoes now and logged nearly 200,000 miles chasing...

Thanks for joining TornadoChat - hope everyone has a great time and this forum continues to grow...

https://tornadochat.forumotion.com

5Introduce Yourself! Empty INTRODUCE YOURSELFS Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:55 pm

KimTwister

KimTwister

ill start by introducing myself here my name is Kim im 44 and i have a hugeee passion for stormchasing and wildlife also im also into astronomy as well my first experience with storms begin april 26 / 1991 when i was hooked on the andover kansas tornado and that has been the start of my stormchase experience i had the best chase day june 2nd 1998 when we had tornadoes nw and east of me in sw pennsylvania unfortunatley i dint go see the dammage in pittsburghs mount washington section as u may all remember but it was sure an exciting day as i hope many more are in store for me in 2011 i also remember the super outbreak of 1974 and 1985 i am interested in meeting new people like u that are passionate about severe weather and hopefullly chase with real time stormchasers as well thanks KimTwister Dedicated Stormchaser

Last edited by KimTwister on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix up)

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1260024547&ref=profil

6Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:04 am

kyle erickson

Kyle here, from North Dakota. Good to see all the friendly peeps on here. I hope this gets bigger and even better as time goes by. Anybody that wants to chase in the Dakotas, let me know. I go as often as I can and always enjoy good company.

7Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:17 pm

glen

Hi name is glen im a new member here.Always interested in anything weather! happy tornado chasing or is it hunting lol glen p.s. live east coast nj morris county the sun rules sunny sunny

8Introduce Yourself! Empty Re: Introduce Yourself! Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:36 am

ShowMeTheTwister!

ShowMeTheTwister!

Hi fellow storm fans! My name is Mike. I'm new here. I am in the shallow end of the pool when it comes to meteorology or # of chases, I am however in the extreme deep end of the pool when considering passion/excitement/awe for storms of any kind. I live in Fargo, ND. We get BIG BLIZZARDS here during Nov-March and usually F0-F2's here in the tornado season. F4's occur once every so often. Tornadoes almost ALWAYS are 30 miles away from the Fargo/Moorhead metro area, and either track north towards North/Central ND, or they come across the SD border and track east towards MN and the Twin Cities area.

What weather reporting / radar services do you use?

I find wunderground.com and their NEXAD Radar really useful - along with webcams that might be available, its a great update / tracking service. They have a BETA version which compiles a 3-D 'fly thru' image of the storm so you can see intensities at the different layers of the cloud. Pretty cool!

Thanks for reading, excited to be part of this site.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum